Friday, April 13, 2012

PS MAPP

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
When we were told about taking these classes, I thought, really? I've raised a child and she is fine. I know how to change and take care of a baby, what are you going to teach me?
Wow, the things I've learned. See, even though Matt, Megan, Jessica and Katie were children of divorce, they had the mother that gave birth to them. They had a "normal" enough childhood.
This class is for licensing and includes fostering as well. You learn things that happen to children/babies that you can never wrap your head around!! You learn a out the ultimate depravity of what a "human being" I use that term so loosely is capable of! The evil that lives in this world. It makes you speechless, I promise.
The class is defined as: meetings that explain the process of becoming an adoptive parent and the legal foundation for child welfare services. Focused on safety, well being and permanence. You learn, 1. Losses and gains 2. Helping children with attachments. 3. Helping children learn to manage their behaviors 4. Helping children with birth family connections 5. Understanding the impact of fostering or adopting 6. Endings and beginnings

No comments:

Post a Comment