Sunday, April 22, 2012

Labor pains and other not so fun things........

Sitting in adoption class on Tuesday night, my back was achy. not normal achy, just different, uncomfortable achy. not fun achy! I sat the entire class before deciding that it was time to go to the hospital. I am thankful that we live within screaming distance of East campus because the pain was not getting any better. there was no wait at the ER, I know right, I discussed it later with the nurse and I did relay to her that it was not a full moon and therefore all of the normal "crazy" people that find themselves out and about during these times, were under their normal rocks hiding. The doctor came into say hi and asked me my medical opinion on what was going on. Well, with all of my years of medical school, I threw clenched teeth, explained that being a veteran of the Kidney Stones R Us club, it was a stone and it was moving. He was so great about quickly getting me the meds that I needed to see the room move, 2 of Lamar and be able to text again on my phone. I still am unsure what I needed to tell my mom at that particular moment but in my medicated stupor, felt it of importance! I later found out that I expressed to her that in no uncertain terms, we needed milk! So sparing all of the remainder of the labor and delivery, I gave birth to an amazing,painful, small kidney stone in the wee hours of Wednesday morning. They sent me home with an antibiotic and pain meds because of an infection in my kidneys on top of the stone. I will NOT give up.....I did feel close to death several times over the days that followed, due to a reaction to the antibiotic. that was worse then the stone, to be honest, I would not recommend either one! Alls well that ends well though, I ended up with new meds and have taken a miraculous turn for better health once again and will shortly be back in full force getting updates rolling along on the adoption!

No comments:

Post a Comment