Thursday, April 12, 2012

The beginning of the journey: part 1

July 2011: I attended my bi weekly women's bible study at a shelter when I had a conversation with a women from our church saying that her and her husband were just months away from adopting a daughter from china! What an amazing event for them and my heart and soul stirred with enotion. It was very overwhelming. I called Lamar on the way home and told him of kristan and I's conversation. I expressed to him that maybe this is what God has been preparing me for. He said in a soft, emotional voice that God had laid it on his heart 5 years ago to adopt but knew that he had to wait for God to make me ready! It took 5 years but I responded to the call


August 2011: we found the international agency we wanted to go through, applied and was accepted into the Haiti program to adopt an infant. Things took a back seat when Lanell, Lamar's mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Everything in our life Came to an awful hault. We let the adoption sit there


October 2011: Lanell passed away

No comments:

Post a Comment