Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When is enough finally enough

I have to be very careful about the things that I say in this post because I want to protect the people involved as much as I can.
I cannot stand when people have children and treat them like trash and physically, mentally and sexually abuse them. Lamar, Katie and I are so distraught about a family that we know. The children in the family are starved for attention and need love. Their school has called DHS on the parents many times because of bruises on the children, investigations take place and the children are still there. This last weekend was really bad and the police were called to their house. 2 of the kids share a twin bed, 1 kid sleeps on the couch and 1 sleeps in a crate like thing. The house looks like something on horders(this is not first hand information from me but from a neighbor that has been in their house) and their animals have used all of the rooms as a bathroom.
When is enough finally enough where the CPS/DHS steps in and removes the children? All of the weeks that we spent in class listening to similar situations about children and now we hear of one that we know of and it seems that nothing is being done to take care of these children. Please do not think in any way that I am saying anything bad about DHS because that is not my intention at all. My heart is just in a million pieces for these children that need to know what it is like to not be yelled at all of the time, not be slaves to their parents, to know bath times and bed times with being tucked into their own beds and having mommy and daddy reading them bed time stories!
I wish that DHS would make something out of this awful situation but unless it is done shortly, I am writing this with a very heavy heart because they are moving from the house that they are currently in and moving about 45 minutes from the city into the country. God help these children that are going to be out in the middle of no where and no one will be able to see the black eyes, the dirty skin and the hungry look on their faces. My heart breaks

No comments:

Post a Comment