Saturday, May 5, 2012

Accenttchuate the Positive

The funny things that happen when I am blogging. Katie and I are currently in her room as I am typing this up and she is searching for music on I tunes and we are talking. She is looking for her favorite old songs such as "Somewhere over the rainbow", "Meet me in St. Louis" and "Accenttchuate the Positive" by Perry Como. She is singing and I am enjoying listening to her because I know someday that she will be off on her own!
The third homestudy was very personal and so Lamar and I discussed it and are not going to blog about it. yes, we are trying to remain very open and informative about this adoption but there is a lot that is very personal and its ours and ours alone. I know that you all understand that
The final home insepection took place on the 30th of April and we are so relieved that it is over. having social workers in your house is very trying on your nerves-no matter how "clean and upright" you and your family/house is.
Katie sat in on the final session and then we did the final walk through. It is finiahes, and we passed with flying colors and the 3 of us are absolutly thrilled. Such an amazing final step in this adoption. So our house is baby proofed again and our journey is making great progress. The licensing part is complete and now we wait for the huge step of getting the baby. We have no idea yet if its a boy or a girl but we have names for both just in case :)

"O Sovereign Lord! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you! You show unfailing love to thousands, you are the great and powerful God, the Lord of Heaven's armies. You have all of the wisdom and do great and mighty miracles." Jeremiah 3:17-19

3 comments: