Saturday, May 5, 2012

Baby's First Book

Tell me again about the night I was born by Jamie Lee Curtis

This is the very first book that we bought for the baby after we had made the decision to move forward with the adoption. It had been raining very heavy and we nipped into Borders bookstore on a saturday night before church service. The bookstore is one of my favorite places on earth. It is the smell of the coffee, the quietness of the surroundings and the walls and shelves full of amazing literature from past and present authors that can take you to amazing places in your imagination. It is in this wonderful place that this book was found and will remain my favorite book for this baby. A small token of memories from the past and something they will hopefully cherish as much as we do. Here is just a short excerpt from the book: ~Tell me again about the night I was born
 ~Tell me again how you couldnt grow a baby in your tummy, so another woman who was too young to take care of me was growing me and she would be my birth mother, and you would adopt me and be my birth parents
 ~Tell me again about the first time you saw me and how you couldnt believe something so small could make you smile so big
~Tell me again how tiny and perfect I was
~Tell me again about the first time you held me in your arms and called me your baby sweet. tell me how you cried happy tears
~Tell me again about my first bottle and how I liked it so much
~Tell me again about my first diaper change and how I didnt like it at all
~Tell me again about the first night you were my daddy and you told me about baseball being the perfect game, like your daddy told you
~Tell me again about the first night you were my mommy and you sang the lullaby your mommy sang to you
~Tell me again about our first night as a family
~mommy, daddy, tell me again about the night I was born

No comments:

Post a Comment