Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting is always the hardest part.......

I always have great memories of childhood thinking back to when David and I would be sitting in our pjs early Christmas morning at the top of our grand old wooden staircase. The anticipation being so much that our little bodies could not handle the excitement and we would burst with laughter and smile. The anticipation of hoping we were good all year and that Santa came and gave us everything we had asked for on our lists. Finally, the Christmas music would start, Elvis singing silver bells, we knew it was time to tear down the stairs and make our way to the living room and our treasures under the tree. I've really had those memories on my mind a lot lately due to the fact that the adoption has turned me into that little blonde girl, in her night gown, waiting for the music to start, so I could claim my treasure. I'm stuck at the top of that beautiful staircase and the excitement is so much at times that my body cannot stand it. These are the times when I cling to Lamar and his amazing assurance that the music will start soon and we can run together and claim our treasure! I yearn for that day to come but once again in this journey, I have to step back and realize that it is not my timing, not Lamar's timing, but Gods timing and his alone that this will happen. So yes, it has gone from the cold winter nights, to the fresh spring days into the stiffing heat of summer but in the midst of it all, I wait for the music to start! Heather S. Otwell

No comments:

Post a Comment