Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Utter chaos, major changes and huge blessings

July 18th 11:00am: I was at wal-mart picking up some school supplies for Katie and some things that my grandma needed. Sidebar! Yes, wal-mart, for those of you that know me I'm not a person that spends her time shopping at wal-mart. I don't have anything against the store in general. It's the people that the store attracts. I'm not the type of person who enjoys shopping with people who make you tube for the clothing, or lack there of that they choose to wear or not wear in some cases. Ok, so back to the story. I was up to my elbows in notebooks, folders and every other hot pink school supply when I first heard the sweet sound of Amy's voice. She explained she was from DHS and they had a 4 year old little boy that needed a home. I sat there stunned and then realized what she needed. A home, our home? Boy? 4 years old. What? We have a babies room, a crib. Oh my goodness, what do we do?  Well, of coarse, we said, yes.
It's funny that the path that we choose may not be exactly what we think it should be or going in the direction it should be, but I'm so very grateful that God does! Katie was in Louisiana with David and Julie when he moved in that day. What a journey this sweet little boy had to take. He didn't come with much because he couldn't bring everything he owned. He entered this strange house with strange people and so many fears about the future. But, we adjusted, together. Together we took everyday by every minute and learned a lot of what to do as we went along. Katie joined us 5 days later and chaos ensued. 14 1/2 years of living with not sharing to much, meet 4 year old Jamison who has never had to share! Everyday in the beginning was a struggle, from small fights to knock down drag outs with someone always crying in the end. Thankfully though, God was always there, guiding us and carrying us through all of the trials that we have and continue to endure. The last 2 months have changed us all so much and as we look to the future we see fights, hugs, kisses, hitting, but through it all, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment