Friday, April 26, 2013

Some of the hardest lessons in life, we learn from our children

This was not written by myself or Lamar but by Katie. I'm so proud of her love, strength and dignity!
"This little boy changed my life in just 9 months. He will never know what he did for me. What did he do for me you ask? I learned patience, kindness, how to build Legos, how to play minecraft, and best of all, I learned to love this little boy that was so very broken. Fostering Jamison changed our family for the better.  We are closer now then we have ever been.  I thank The Lord everyday for the many blessings he has given to me.  Jamison is one of those many blessings.  He was not a foster child, he wasn't someone else's little boy, he was just my little brother.  He made me angry, annoyed me but all siblings can relate. I am upset and just heart broken we are losing him, but I have to realize , as does everyone else, that this was Gods choice.  God has a plan for us and all and this is part of Jamison's plan.  We gave him everything when he had nothing.  We brought him into our house and loved him. Now, Jamison will go back to his birth mother and I hope that we have rubbed off on him. Our kind words, Godliness, love for Jesus, our love in general and hope rubbed off onto him. I will miss him dearly and I will never again be able to hear someone bellow "sissy", but at least within these long 9 months that have felt like years, we were able to love this little boy!!!  Thank you Jamison for coming into my life  and changing it for the better.  I will miss you. I love you, Katie

1 comment:

  1. Her insight is a tribute to the love that lives in your family. I am so proud of all of you.
    Claudia Robinson

    ReplyDelete